Blind Tasting Events
Food makers: join our blind-tasting events!
Are you a food maker? Tinker Kitchen and KitchenTown have teamed up to organize blind tasting events so that you can get effective, concrete feedback from an audience that isn't connected with you or your product. Blind tastings take place monthly on Thursday evenings at Tinker Kitchen, our San Francisco makerspace.
- It costs $75 to participate as a maker. Pay the fee here.
- You get 2 taster tickets included (for yourself + 1)
- You will bring 2-3 items to taste total (usually your product and a competitors' product—we can advise if you want something different)
- Expect 55 tasters total (3oz bite-size portions!)
What you'll bring
- 55, 3 oz. of your own product samples.
- 55, 3 oz. competitor samples.
- Optional: 55, 3 oz. samples of a 2nd competitor
- 3x5 sign that identifies any major allergens (dairy, soy, gluten, meat, nuts, etc.)
- Let us know if your product needs to be refrigerated or served hot
- We will provide 3 oz cups, and you'll portion out your product into them before the event.
Day of the event
- 5:00pm: Makers arrive for set up (portioning, etc). Please try to be on time.
- 6:30pm: Tasters arrive.
- 6:45pm: We give a short explanation and begin tasting.
- 8:00pm: Tasting complete. We reveal makers to the public.
- You may bring marketing material, but it must remain hidden until makers are revealed.
- You'll go home with the tasting survey results. Demographic survey results will be made available a few days later.
To apply to participate as a maker, complete this form:
Once we receive your info, we'll get back to you to to select a specific date, collect the entry fee, and coordinate other logistics.